We have standards concerning uniforms and personal appearance, as this is an important element of providing outstanding service to and instilling confidence in our customers. An attractive, professional uniform and overall appearance will communicate to customers that we care about customer service, quality, and cleanliness.
Team members who work on average 30 hours per week or more will receive two Tony's NY Pizza polos at no cost. Team members who work on average less than 30 hours per week will receive one Tony's NY Pizza polo at no cost. Other items, such as a hat, may be provided depending upon your position.
- Shoes must be clean and slip-resistant. Closed heel and closed toe styles required. Shoes must fit properly with laces tied, unless limited by temporary medical conditions.
- All garments should fit properly and be clean, pressed (as applicable) and in good condition (i.e., no holes, fraying, stains, discoloration, etc.).
- Team members must present a professional appearance (neat, clean and well groomed).
- Men’s polo shirts must be worn with at least the bottom button fastened.
- Men must wear solid t-shirts (no printing or graphics) under all shirts.
- T-shirts are optional for women. All t-shirts must be in good condition (with no holes, fraying, discoloration, etc.).
- Pants must fit properly and must be hemmed to fall at midpoint of heel. Cuffed and/or pegged pants are not acceptable.
- Belt must be worn and must be trimmed so that end does not hang below belt line.
- Tony’s NY Pizza caps/visors may be worn at the manager’s discretion and/or in order to comply with local health department requirements. Caps/Visors must be clean and have no visible stains or discoloration. Caps/visors should be worn on the head with the bill facing directly forward and above the eyebrows so that eyes are clearly visible under brim of cap.
- Jewelry must be modest in size to help prevent the cross-contamination of food and worn in good taste so as not to be distracting to customers or fellow team members. Any necklace worn should be tucked inside clothing to avoid being a safety hazard.
- Rings must be limited to a wedding band or set (none on thumbs). In food preparation areas, rings, if worn, must be worn with gloved hands to avoid food contamination or catching on equipment.
- Wristwatches and/or medical alert bracelets must be conservative in size and appearance; they should not have gemstones that could come loose. Other bracelets or wristbands (e.g., rubber or string, etc.) may not be worn.
- Earrings must be limited to plain stud earrings or small hoops, no dangling earrings.
- Jewelry in pierced body parts exposed to customers, other than female earlobe, is not acceptable.
- Good personal hygiene is expected of team members when they report for work(e.g., clean-shaven, bathed and with appropriate application of body deodorant).
- Hair and nails must comply with local health department requirements.
- Hair must be clean and worn in good taste so as not to be distracting to customers or fellow team members. Hairstyles must be neat and professional in appearance. Unnatural hair colors or eccentric styles (e.g., Mohawks, shaven designs, etc.) are not permitted.
- Females: Hair that falls around face must be tied back using a simple hair band or barrette that has no loose or dangling parts.
- Makeup must be subdued and worn in good taste so as not to be distracting to customers or fellow team members.
- Fingernails must not extend beyond fingertips when viewed from the open palm.
- Fingernail polish must not be worn. False fingernails are not allowed in customer service areas or food preparation areas.
- Fingernail gems must not be worn.
- Perfume or cologne must be subdued in fragrance and not be distracting to customers or fellow team members.
- Body modifications (e.g., piercings, extended earlobes, etc.) visible to customers are not acceptable.
- Any other appearance or grooming issue not covered in this section may be addressed at the discretion of the Operator or team leader. The Operator may make case-by-case assessments on any other appearance related issues and can restrict work of a team member if any issues cannot be corrected in an acceptable period of time.